You will be asked to reschedule your appointment if any of the following are true.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a healthcare professional and do NOT have proof of a positive antibody test.
- If your temperature is greater than or equal to 99.5◦F.
- If you are having any NEW flu-like symptoms that cannot be attributed to another known medical condition (like asthma/allergies) Such as fever, difficulty breathing, headache, sore throat, body aches, chills, cough, tiredness, runny nose, a loss of taste or smell in the past 2 weeks.
- If you have been in contact with anyone with known Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 2 weeks.
- If you have recently traveled to another major city (a hotspot area for COVID-19 cases) in the past 2 weeks.
If any of the above are true, please contact your research coordinator to reschedule.
We are following the necessary precautions surrounding COVID-19 with guidance from the CDC, UPMC, and the University of Pittsburgh to keep our research participants and staff as safe as possible.
Some new precautions you may notice during your visit at the Asthma Institute
• Temperature and symptom screening at the hospital entrance and the Asthma Institute entrance
• Additional signage reminding all to practice social distancing, wear masks, and wash hands
• Spaced-out seating in the waiting room
• Staff members wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) throughout your visit like masks, gloves, face shields, gowns, etc.
• Additional hand sanitizing stations