You will be asked to reschedule your appointment if any of the following are true.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a healthcare professional and do NOT have proof of a positive antibody test.
- If your temperature is greater than or equal to 99.5◦F .
- If you are having any NEW flu-like symptoms that cannot be attributed to another known medical condition (like asthma/allergies) Such as fever, difficulty breathing, headache, sore throat, body aches, chills, cough, tiredness, runny nose, a loss of taste or smell in the past 2 weeks.
- If you have been in contact with anyone with known Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 2 weeks.
- If you have recently traveled to another major city (a hotspot area for COVID-19 cases) in the past 2 weeks.
If any of the above are true, please text the word “SYMPTOMS” to the virtual assistant to cancel your appointment or contact us directly to reschedule.
We are following the necessary precautions surrounding COVID-19 with guidance from the CDC, UPMC, and the University of Pittsburgh to keep our research participants and staff as safe as possible.
Some new precautions you may notice during your visit at the Asthma Institute
- Temperature and symptom screening at the hospital entrance and the Asthma Institute entrance
- Additional signage reminding all to practice social distancing, wear masks, and wash hands
- Spaced-out seating in the waiting room
- Staff members wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) throughout your visit like masks, gloves, face shields, gowns, etc.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations
Asthma Institute Research Registry (AIR) Visit
Thank you for your interest in asthma research! You will be scheduled to meet with one of our research coordinators for an in-person appointment at The University of Pittsburgh Asthma Institute, located on the 9th Floor of UPMC Montefiore Hospital.
Please allow 1/2 hour for this visit. You will be compensated up to $15 for your time plus either parking or bus fare.
During the visit, we:
· collect medical history information
· conduct a breathing test
· collect a blood sample (you do NOT need to fast for this blood draw)
To prepare for your visit, please:
· click here to read the attached consent form – you do not need to print it out or sign it before the visit, the research coordinator will go over it with you at the visit
· if you are taking asthma medications, please pay special attention to the medication withhold section on the top of page 3
· bring a written list of all medications/supplements that you are taking, both prescribed and over the counter
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact us. If you are unable to make your appointment or are running late, please contact us via phone/text at (412)310-5944 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you arrive more than 20 minutes late to your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule. While we allow appointment cancellations at any time without penalty, we respectfully request 24 hours notice.
We look forward to your visit!
The Asthma Institute Team